Life at IU is easier when you’re tech savvy. That’s where IT Training comes in. We’re offering workshops and webinars in August and September, so you can start taking advantage of the tech resources available to you before the semester gets too hectic. Here’s what we’ve got in store:
- Technology Resources for Students is a 45-minute session in which you’ll learn about the many services provided by University Information Technology Services (UITS), including IT Training, the Support Center, and Student Technology Centers (computing labs).
- In Getting Started with Printing at IU, you’ll learn how to use the multi-function printer/scanner units and the plotters in the Wells Library. You’ll also learn how to submit a request for 3D printing.
- Getting Started with One.IU will show you how to get around and get things done in this useful IU web application.
Tech for Collaboration and Learning
- Canvas: Basics for Students will give you a brief overview of some of the most common Canvas activities. You’ll learn how to set your notification preferences, use the messages tool,
access your assignments and tests, view your grades, and more. This workshop is useful for experienced Canvas users and newbies alike.
- Box: Access Files, Share and Collaborate from Anywhere will show you how to make the most of Box, IU’s cloud storage service. You’ll learn how to get a Box account, how to make use of apps associated with Box, how to efficiently use Box as a collaboration tool, and best practices for using Box.
- In ePortfolio for Students: Taskstream, you’ll learn how to use Taskstream in Canvas to track your learning achievements.
- Dive deeper into IU’s learning management system with Canvas: Building and Organizing Content with Modules and Canvas: Mobile Apps for Students.
Software at IU
- Learn how to import and edit video in iMovie: The Basics.
- Photoshop CC: The Basics will get you started with this popular image editing application. You’ll build your skills by retouching an image and then working on a more complex photo compositing project.
- How to Run Applications from the Cloud at IU Using IUanyWare shows you how to access many IU site-licensed applications using a computer browser, tablet, or smartphone.
- PowerPoint 2016: The Basics teaches beginners how to create and deliver a polished presentation.
- Get started building web pages with HTML5 and CSS: The Basics. This workshop is for those new to these web coding languages.
You can view the schedule for these workshops and webinars here. Most of them are held online, and a few are in our classrooms at IUB or IUPUI. If you’re ready for more, browse our training schedule by date and plan a semester’s worth of tech learning! And to really fine-tune your skills, enroll in one or more of our certificate series.
Have a great semester!