In a previous post, I explained why electronic business cards could be useful and how you can create one from scratch in Outlook 2010. If you don’t consider yourself to be very creative, or if you simply don’t have the time to design a professional-looking business card, you can always download a template from Microsoft Office Online instead.
To download a template, follow these steps:
- Open an internet browser and go to the following web page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=outlook&av=zol
- Select one of the electronic business cards from the list and download it. When the Save As dialog box opens, use the default save in location that is specified.
- The electronic business card will automatically open in an Outlook contact form.
- Replace the name and contact information that is displayed in the fields with your own (or with someone else’s information if you are creating the card for another person).
- On the Ribbon, in the Options group, click on the Business Card button. The Edit Business Card dialog box opens. Edit the card as desired.
- When finished, click the OK button at the bottom of dialog box.
- On the Ribbon of the Contact form, click the Save & Close button.The new business card is now stored with the rest of your contacts in Outlook.
- To find out how to insert it into a message, read the previous blog post titled “Quick Tip: Create a Business Card in Outlook 2010.”